I love a good chocolate cake, and I pride myself on my ability to make pretty fantastic ones. However every now and then you just want a quick, easy option with a great result without the fuss or labour. Or every now and then you completely run out of all your baking ingredients and replacing them is either to costly for this week’s budget or unappealing for other reasons. In these situations there is a perfect solution that lets you have your fantastic chocolate cake and eat it too! All you need is a package of cake mix (Betty Crocker is in almost every supermarket everywhere ever) and a small tub of plain Greek yogurt. Voila – super moist, rich, yummy chocolate cake!
Let me break it down for you.
- One 18.25-oz. box moist-style cake mix
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven (use the recommended temperature on cake packet) and grease or line a cake tin
- Pour contents of cake mix into a bowl
- Add cup of Greek yogurt and cup of water
- Stir until well mixed, no lumps or dry bits, should have a mousse-like consistency
- Pour mix into baking tin and put into the oven until a skewer inserted into its centre comes out clean (refer to cake mix package for recommended tin sizes and cooking time).
Voila! Delicious easy chocolate cake that will make you a favourite with all your friends! Hmmm, I think I’ve earned a piece right now – study break!