This recipe is a bit of a cheat’s soup, perfect when you just can’t be bothered making dinner but are too hungry to wait for take-away to be delivered (or too skint). It has only a few ingredients, it is yummy, cheap, quick to make and filling, and as a bonus: very healthy!
- Tortellini of your choice – approx. 350-500gms
- Chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 1 bunch of spinach or pak choi (more if you wish, or an alternative green if you prefer)
- Optional – Parmesan/cheese,spring onions, chilli flakes, pepper and salt to garnish
- In a soup pot bring broth to a gentle simmer
- Add tortellini to the broth and stir in
- Add spinach (or other choice of greens) and stir
- As soon as the greens are wilted but still a bright green (approx. 2-3 minutes) turn off heat and dish up soup with any chosen garnishes.
Voila! Easy, tasty dinner for 2 in less than 5mins! I sometimes add other veggies as well – such as onion and carrots – but be sure to saute them first, before adding the stock as they require longer to cook than the other ingredients.