At the moment I am in serious dissertation mode – which of course is why I’m blogging. Anyway I am all about snacking, particularly easy snacks that can be consumed at my desk and without making me feel like my arteries are about mutiny under the stress I’m causing them (see Sweet Potato Chips for another snack post). Therefore when I saw this nifty, healthy idea on Jillee’s blog I had to try it. Frozen yogurt dots: tasty, healthy treat.
I’ve made this a few times now and I still can’t get over how easy and yummy these are. Even if you’re not the biggest yogurt fan these are tasty little morsals.
- Yogurt of your choice (in the photos for this post I’ve used two flavours that I already had open in the fridge)*
- Piping bag, or freezer bag with a corner snipped off
- Baking tray
- Spoon yogurt into piping/freezer bag (this tray had 3 spoonfuls of each flavour to fill it)
- Gently squeeze the yogurt onto the baking tray in dots of the desired size
- When the tray is full, put it in the freezer for 30mins
- Remove, spatula the now frozen dots into a bowl and consume at will!
Just a note – if you don’t eat them all straight away store them in the fridge, or they will melt back into regular old yogurt.
*I’ve also done these with plain Greek yogurt which I stirred a bit of honey and chopped hazelnuts through – a bit chunkier but super tasty! I may have also made these out of cream, and out of chocolate icing, something I’m not so proud of.