OK, so I’m having a bit of a thing with sweet potato at the moment. I know it. I can’t help it. It’s so tasty and easy to cook and it’s so good for you too! This is one of my favourite ways to eat sweet potato – and as an extra bonus it’s incredibly easy. Sweet potato chips are fantastic as a snack on their own or as a great side to a meal.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt (i like sea salt but it’s entirely your preference)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (395 Fahrenheit)
- Cut the potatoes into wedges/slices of roughly the same size (I like to leave the skins on as it helps them crisp up but you can peel them first if you like).
- Throw them on the baking tray and toss them with the cinnamon, salt and oil before spreading them out evenly
- Put the tray in the oven and let cook for 20-30 mins (depending on how big you cut them and how crispy you want them)
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Om nom nom nom.
This batch was a side to our dinner of hearty spinach and white bean soup. So nutritious, so easy, so tasty!
*Feel free to be more liberal with the spices, I often add cracked black pepper as well for a bit of spice. Also if you want a more savory edge, rosemary instead of cinnamon is a nice alternative.