I love sweet potato (and always feel quite righteous eating it because it’s so good for you) and I love cheese. I also love easy and quick recipes that always have delicious results. Therefore this tasty treat is my idea of snack heaven and I just had to share with as many people as possible so we can all enjoy the yum!
Makes 8-12 Crispies
- 2 sweet potatoes (or 3 small ones)
- 2 eggs
1 cup Parmesan cheese (you can use a regular cheddar instead if you prefer a milder flavor or don’t have any Parmesan)*
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (or if you prefer a sweet alternative 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon instead)*
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit) and place a piece of aluminum foil onto a baking tray
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then grate sweet potatoes and squeeze the moisture from them. (I just used my hands to press out the liquid) The more moisture you remove, the crispier they get in the oven.
- Add the eggs, cheese, pepper, and rosemary/nutmeg. Mix until combined with the grated sweet potatoes.
- Scoop out potato mixture and set on wire rack. If your scoops aren’t staying stuck on the tray add an extra egg white (white only, no yolk) to the mix, stir through and try again.
- Press sweet potato mixture as thin as possible. Repeat until you’ve used all the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are dark around the edges and crispy. Slide foil off tray onto cooling rack and let crispies cool for 5 mins before using a spatula to get them off.
*Or you can do half and half, which is also very yummy.
And there you have it! Eat until your heart (by which I mean your stomach) is content. They’re yummy on their own or with something to dip them in – yogurt with a bit of smokey paprika stirred through it is tasty, or the good ole’ sweet chilli sauce – whichever you prefer!.